Selling stamps is not easy, the trick is to find the highest bidder for your collection. Of course you can write to the trade, but auctioning usually gives a much better net return than a cash sale. The first step is always an appraisal! Before selling your collection, we advise you to have it appraised and then make a well-considered choice for our auction house. We go 100% for the highest possible yield from your collection.
Long lasting experience!
Auction house Rietdijk has been mediating in the purchase and sale of stamps and coins since 1919. Four times a year, our international auctions bring together many hundreds of buyers and sellers.
During our nearly one-hundred-year existence, on behalf of tens of thousands of entrants, we sold stamps and coins worth many tens of millions of guilders and euros to our large, international and wealthy buyers audience.
High yield in mutual interest!
Instead of selling your stamps or coins yourself, hire our expertise to present your entry in the best possible way in the market. A high yield is in both your and our interest. As your entry raises, so does the auction house’s revenue. Because of this common goal, we actually operate as partners.
The Rietdijk auctions are highly regarded not only in the Netherlands, but also in the international world of philately and numismatics. It is not without reason that Rietdijk, whether it is a buyer or seller, has been in the service of the customer for more then hundred years.
If your possession of stamps or coins represents a decent value, auctioning will generally yield the best net result. Therefore, never sell your stamps or coins before you have been informed by Rietdijk! Feel free to call us without obligation for more information or an appointment for a free valuation!
Plan your consignment
Because it is important for your image what the procedure is when submitting it to the auction, we have summarized this in a step-by-step plan. You can find that step-by-step plan here.
Why auction at Rietdijk?
Ten reasons to choose Rietdijk as a partner:
1. Our long experience since 1919.
2. Our large, international and wealthy buyers’ public, which guarantees maximum returns.
3. You will receive a reliable indication of the auction proceeds from our appraisers in advance.
4. The possibility of an interest-free advance up to 60% of the appraised value.
5. Your consignment will be expertly parceled out for maximum profit.
6. Excellent presentation by means of a luxurious, printed auction catalog with extensive photo supplement, which can also be viewed in its entirety on the internet.
7. Extra publicity for important objects.
8. Auction in spacious auction room, close to our office.
9. For larger collections or parties, we will visit you at home or in the bank vault if desired.
10. Your consignment is insured for free.
You can visit our office from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. You’re welcome! Make an appointment in advance, so that our appraiser can reserve the necessary time for you.
Your interest is our interest!
Rietdijk’s employees have been associated with the company for a long time. The involvement and motivation is great. Our team will therefore do everything possible to achieve the highest possible yield for your entry.