Appraisal by post or e-mail
An important, if not the most important, part of a valuation is the assessment of the quality of the material to be valued. Quality can hardly be judged from a distance.
Nevertheless, our appraisers of collections or lots, which are easy to describe, can give an indication of the value without looking into them. They assume an average quality. For the important parts, a photo or scan can provide the necessary additional information.
An indication of the value by post or e-mail does not entail any costs for you. Ultimately, in many cases we will have to see the material ourselves in order to arrive at a definitive valuation. You always have the option to present things to our office and for larger (or more valuable) collections we are happy to come to you.
The better the description of the material, the more accurate the indication we can give. Incoming e-mails are checked immediately, you will receive a response very quickly.
Important information needed:
- Description of collection area or areas.
- For stamps: description of the condition. Are the stamps MNH, unused or used?
- For coins: description of the quality standards.
- Indication of the period over which the collection or lot extends.
- List catalog numbers as well as name and year of publication of the catalog used.
- The total catalog value of all stamps with a quotation of € 20 or more (ie without bulk goods and duplicates) as well as the name and year of publication of the catalog used.
- Photos or scans of the better items.
- Indication of the quality of the better items.